The Town of Selma receives many question regarding utilities. Below are the answers for the most frequently asked questions that we receive. If your question is not up here, please contact a Customer Service Representative at 919-965-9841, ext. 1012 or 1013.
What are the Basic Rates and Usage?
Due to the fact that monthly charges for electric, water, and sewer service are based on the type of customer (residential or commercial), location of service, and many other factors, please contact Customer Service at (919) 965-9841, ext. 1012 or 1013 for more information about your specific rates. Please visit our energy forecast for Electric Rate Predictions: Energy Forecast.
How do I Pay My Utility Bill?
Town of Selma Utilities offers several convenient options for payment of your utility bill:
- Online payments - Click Here to Pay Online
- Mail payments - Send payments to the Town of Selma, 114 N. Raiford Street, Selma, NC 27576
- Pay in Drop Box - Payments can be dropped off in the Drop Box located on the wall before the drive thru window at Town Hall. (Note: Do not put payment under the drive thru window. Payments that are not placed in the Drop Box are not secure and the Town of Selma is not responsible for any non-secure payments.)
- Pay in person - Pay at Town of Selma, 114 N. Raiford Street
- Payment methods - We accept cash, checks, or money orders in the Town Hall.
***Credit and Debit Cards are accepted Online Only***
How can I lower my utility bill?
The Town of Selma offers energy tips and resources provided by Electricities to help Citizens reduce their energy cost. These tools are to help you understand your usage and how to make changes on your energy consumption.
- Customer Service - Energy Depot: View Energy Forecast for the Town of Selma and get Energy Saving Tips to help lower your energy consumption!
- MyUsage: Track your energy usage on your mobile device and get usage alerts via Text Message!
- Request an Energy Audit by calling Customer Service at (919) 95-9841 ext. 1012 or 1013.
When will I receive my bill?
Your utility bill will be mailed on the 15th or 30th of the month depending on which billing cycle you belong to.
If your bill is due on the 30th of the month, then it will be mailed on the 15th of the month.
For example, if your bill is due on May 30th, then your bill will be mailed to you on May 15th.
If you are on this billing cycle and you do not receive your bill by the 22nd of the month, please contact Customer Service at 919-965-9841 ext. 1012 or 1013.
If your bill is due on the 15th of the month, then it will be mailed on the 30th of the previous month.
For example, if your bill is due on May 15th, then your bill will be mailed to you on April 30th.
If you are on this billing cycle and you do not receive your bill by the 6th of the month, please contact Customer Service at 919-965-9841 ext. 1012 or 1013.
If you do not receive you utility bill within a week of the mailing date, please contact Customer Service at 919-965-9841 ext. 1012 or 1013. If you are unsure about which mailing cycle you belong to, please contact Customer Service at 919-965-9841 ext. 1012 or 1013.
What happens to my deposit?
After two years with no disconnections or late payments, your deposit will be applied to your bill.
If you close or cancel your account before two years, you will receive the remainder of your deposit after fees and payments have been paid.
Your deposit refund will be mailed to you within 30-60 days.
When will my service be cut off?
The day after the last day to pay is cut off day.
If your bill is due on the 15th, then the 25th will be cut off day.*
If your bill is due on the 30th, then the 10th will be your cut off day.*
*If your regular cutoff day falls on a Holiday or a Friday, then your cut off day will be the next business day.
For example, cut off day for the May 15th billing cycle would be on May 25, 2018. However, May 25th falls on Friday and Monday, May 28, 2018 is Memorial Day, so cut off day will be Tuesday, May 29th.