Thursday, October 31, 2019 All Day
HALLOWEEN TRICK OR TREAT
Halloween Trick or Treat visitations will be observed in Selma on Thursday, October 31st. Trick or Treaters should be twelve years old or younger according to the Selma Municipal Code. Trick or Treat visitations may be conducted in residential areas beginning at 5:00 p.m. and should cease by 8:00 p.m. The Selma Police Department has provided these tips:
When Trick or Treating:
• A parent or responsible adult should accompany children.
• Be sure costumes, shoes, and treat bags are safe.
• Make sure that any accessories, such as fake guns or knives are not mistaken for the real thing.
Remind Trick or Treaters:
• Have a flashlight so children can see and be seen by others.
• Stay in groups and communicate where they will be going.
• Only go to homes with the porch light on and remain on well lit streets and use available sidewalks.
• Never enter a stranger’s home or car for a treat.
• Always check for traffic before crossing the street.
• No treats should be eaten until they are inspected by an adult.