Have you ever wondered what it was like to be the hero instead of watching a hero. Have you ever wondered how it felt to be the person making a difference instead of hoping that things will get better. Are you interested in being in the middle of intense exciting situations. Are you interested in free education that could lead to a career in a growing field?
IF THIS INTERESTS YOU, SELMA FIRE DEPARTMENT WANTS YOU!!!
The Selma Fire Department is looking a few good men and women to serve our citizens. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Firefighter here are a few things you need to know:
- Minumum age is 18.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- 240 hour training course during first 12 months.
- A per call stipend is available for Volunteers.
- 27 positions available. These positions are filled as vacancies occur.
- Intern program available for college students.
- Applications available at Town Hall or the Fire Station.
Being a Volunteer Firefighter is very demanding of your time. Many hours are spent away from your family, home, and work. Being a Volunteer Firefighter is also very rewarding. There is great pride in serving your fellow man while being part of a great tradition of brotherhood.