All residential and commercial landscaping within the cities jurisdiction are eligible for the Beautification Award. The award shall be given every month or as nominated and approved by the Town of Selma Appearance Commission. There will only be four nominations a month (2 Residential & 2 Commercial properties.)
Nominations can come from citizens residing within the city limits as well as within the Town of Selma “Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ).” Those living inside the city limits as well as in the Town’s ETJ can also receive a beautification award. All nomination will be forwarded to the Appearance Commission for approval. An application can be found on the Town of Selma’s website at: www.selma-nc.com. Feel free to mail or return in person to Town Hall, located at 114 N. Raiford Street Selma, NC 27576.
If there are any further questions, please contact Officer Moore, Codes Administrator, at 919-965-9841 Ext. 1007.
Criteria should include, but not limited to the following items:
- Landscaping visible from the street if you were to walk or drive past the property.
- Aesthetic design appealing- does it fit with the home and attract curb appeal.
- Include a dramatic change in the property with before and after pictures if possible (Example: New owners/fixer upper).
- Has the landscaping been upgraded by addition of new mulch,irrigation, or plants?
- Significantly weed free.
- Grass mowed at appropriate height.